TOURS TO THE CHULLPAS SILLUSTANI OR TORRES FUNERAL
On an altiplanica plateau to 30 kilometers north of Puno, Sillustani is one of the world’s largest necropolises. Surrounded by a landscape of stunning beauty, which seems to be summed in the calm waters of the lagoon Umayo, the archaeological complex known for its giant “chullpas” (species of stone towers), built by Collas and Incas, to bury their dead.
Many of them are over 12 meters high and have a larger diameter at the top than at the base. Quite a challenge to the laws of gravity and balance. One detail that makes them unique on the continent.
Tombs of nobles Collas, eternal abode of the Children of the Sun, who after dominating the land, you would add architectural features similar to those of the Sun Temple or Cori court, in Cusco.
- 1:50 p.m.: Pick up from hotel.
- 2:50 p.m.: Arrival and visit to Sillustani.
- 5:45 p.m.: Arrive in Puno and transfer to Hotel.
- Tourist transport Fom Hotel-chullpas-Hotel.
- Bilingual official tourism guide. (English and Spanish)
- Entrance fees to the funeral towers.
In private service to consult the price
Extra cost for picking up from the following hotels:
There is a supplemental charge of US$ 5.00. Per person for pick-up from hotels: Libertador, Casa Andina Private Collection, Eco Inn and Posada del Inka, José Antonio.