The floating islands of the Uros (am–m–pm) / Collective service
This Great Trip Titikaka lasts 3 hours approx. The floating islands of the Urus are located within the bay of Lake Titicaca just 12 kilometers from the city of Puno. The boat trip only takes about 27 minutes to reach the nearest islands.
"URUS" was the name of a very particular ethnic group that coexisted on Lake Titicaca with civilizations prior to the Aymara nations and the Incas. In fact, it is believed that UROS could have been the first ethnic group that populated the high Andean region around Lake Titicaca. The Uros were always a simple town of fishermen and hunters who preferred to remain isolated from the most advanced civilizations of the mainland.
- 08:55h. - 09:10h. Pick up from your Hotel in Puno.
- 09:15h. Depature from the Port.
- 09:45h. Arrival and Visit 2 Floating Islands of the Uros.
- 11:35h. Return to Puno.
- 12:15h. Arrival at the port and transfer to the Hotels of the Center of Puno.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Entrance tickets to the Island.
- Transfer hotel / port / hotel.
- Motor boat with bathroom.
- Official guide (English and Spanish).
- Water bottle.
- Extra expenses.
- Additional cost usd $ 5. Per person, Pick up from the following Hotels:
- Xima Puno Hotel.
- Casa Andina Private Collectión.
- Hotel Libertador.
- Hotel Mirador del Titikaka.
- Hotel Sonesta Posada del Inca.
- Fun ride in Totora boats (optional - not included).
- Light shoes.