Tours to the Chullpas of Sillustani: (Half day) / Collective service
This Great Trip Titikaka lasts 4 hours aprox. On an altiplano plateau, more than 35 kilometers north of Puno, is Sillustani, one of the largest necropolises in the world. Surrounded by a landscape of striking beauty, which seems to be summarized in the serene waters of the Umayo lagoon, the archaeological complex stands out for its gigantic "chullpas" (species of stone towers), built by Collas and Incas, to bury their dead.
Many of them exceed 12 meters in height and have a larger diameter in the upper part than in the base. A challenge to the laws of gravity and balance. A detail that makes them unique in the continent.
Tombs of noble collas, eternal abode of the Sons of the Sun, who, when dominating these lands, would add architectural characteristics similar to those of the Temple of the Sun or Cori cancha, in Cusco.
- 13:50h. Pick us up from your Hotel.
- 14:15h. Departure from Puno to the Chullpas.
- 15:00h. Arrival and visit to the Chullpas de Sillustani.
- 17:00h. Departure from Sillustani.
- 17:45h. Arrival in Puno and transfer to your hotel.
OUR SERVICE INCLUDES:
- Tourist transport Hotel-chullpas-hotel.
- Official guide of Bilingual tourism.
- Entrance tickets to the funeral towers.
- Water bottle.
- Extra expenses.
- Additional cost usd $ 5. Per person, I collect from the following Hotels:
- Xima Puno Hotel.
- Casa Andina Private Collectión.
- Hotel Libertador.
- Hotel Mirador del Titikaka.
- Hotel Sonesta Posada del Inca.
- Light Shoes.