Uros – Taquile and Suasi islands (2d/1n)
- 07:00h: Pick up from the hotel and transfer to the port of Puno.
- 07:15h: The boat leaves for Suasi and on the route there will be two stops on the Island of the Uros and Taquile.
- 07:30h: During the visit to Uros we will discover the life of its inhabitants who only since the beginning of the 60s have started to build these "floating islands". Previously the Uros lived in totora rafts, sailing from one place to another depending on fishing, hunting and the exchange of products with island people. A good interpretation of the Uro culture will help you understand why these people try to continue living in these islands even though the search for a better education and modernity is taking their children to the city.
- 09:30h: The next stop is the Taquile Island where we will appreciate a cultural exhibition directed by the Taquileños themselves. They will explain how they make their fine fabrics, the meaning of their beautiful designs and other cultural peculiarities such as the coloration of the wool using plants or how to make a good natural soap from a native plant.
- 12:00h: Arrival at Suasi Island.
- 13:00h: Lunch.
- After lunch in the late afternoon where you can find species of flora and fauna native to the altiplano, including species of camelids and vizcachas.
- The island is crossed by gentle paths that run from north to south. From the highest point of Suasi Island, Cerro Itapilluni, the sunset is appreciated, when Dazzling colors of dream cross the sky. It is an almost experience.
- 19:30h: Dinner.
Optional activity: Andean Spa with a sauna massage service (direct reservation at the lodge).
- 07:00h. to 10:00h you can enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet. Then visit the cultural hut Martha Giraldo, owner of the island and promoter of this beautiful project, opens the doors of its cultural hut to share with travelers valuable information on the unique ecosystem of the highlands and the Lake Titicaca region. In the interpretation room you will learn how livestock, agriculture, ceramics and textiles have been developed in the altiplano. Martha, a sociologist by profession, has one of the most complete libraries in the region specializing in topics related to the Andean highlands.
- 12:15h: Departure from the dock in Suasi by boat to Puno (3 hours sailing).
- 15:30h. to 16:00h.: Arrival in Puno and transfer to hotels.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Transfer Hotel - port - Hotel.
- Guided tours to the Uros and Taquile Islands. With a guide in English and Spanish, one way.
- Entrance tickets to the Uros, Taquile and Suasi Islands.
- Speed motorboat roundtrip.
- 1 night in double or triple room in Suasi eco-lodge.
- 1 buffet breakfast per person.
- 1 lunch per person.
- 1 dinner per person.
- 1 box lunch per person.
- All suggested activities.