Puno – Tours Uros and Taquile islands vivential (2d/1n) / Collective service
This Great Trip Titikaka lasts 2 days and 1 night. After the pick up of your Hotels we will visit the Uros floating islands located inside the bay, here you will discover the life of the Uros inhabitants who only from the beginning of the 60s began to build these "floating islands".
Previously the Uros lived in totora rafts, sailing from one place to another depending on fishing, hunting and exchange of products with island people, then continue with the trip to the island of Taquile. After a 30min walk. Approx.
We will arrive to the main town and explore crafts, then we will have our lunch prepared based on products from the area. After lunch a member of a family will contact you and take you to your home, who will be your host during your stay in Taquile Island.
From this moment you are free to explore non-tourist places, agricultural demonstration with the family In Taquile you will find many small paths that lead you to beaches or to higher points from where you can appreciate the snow-capped mountains of the Andes in the blue setting of Lake Titicaca. Dinner and accommodation are provided by the host family. Then we continue the journey, to cross the island and reach the port where our collective motor boat back to Puno awaits us.
- 07:10h. - 07:25h. Pick up from your Hotel.
- 07: 40h. Departure from pot of Puno to Uros Islands.
- 08:00h. Visit 2 Floating Islands of the Uros (1h 15min approx).
- 09:15h. Departure from Uros to Taquile.
- 10:30h. Arrival at the Port of Taquile and 25 min walk to local restaurant.
- 11:30h. Explanation of the guide at the local restaurant.
- 12:30h. Lunch at the restaurant local.
- 13:20h. Encounter with the Host family in the main square of Taquile.
- 14:00h. Arrival at the family house.
- 14:45h. Free time and exploration of the Island with a family member.
- 19:00h. Dinner and accommodation with the host family.
- 05:00h. Observation of the sunrise. (optional)
- 07:45h. Breakfast.
- 08:45h. Agricultural activities and textile demonstration with the host family.
- 10:30h. Return to the main square of Taquile.
- 11:30h. Visit the artisan market of Taquile.
- 12:30h. Lunch in the restaurant with the group.
- 13: 25h. Departure from Taquile.
- 15:45h. Arrival to Puno and transfer to your Hotel.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Transfer hotel / port / hotel.
- Entrance tickets to Uros and Taquile Islands.
- Speed motorboat shared Puno-Uros-Taquile-Puno.
- 01 night accommodation in the host family house.
- 02 lunches, 01 dinner, 01 breakfast.
- Spanish / English guide for the shared group.
- Expenses not mentioned.
- Additional cost
- usd $ 5. Per person, Pick up from the following Hotels:
- Xima Puno Hotel.
- Casa Andina Private Collectión.
- Hotel Libertador.
- Hotel Mirador del Titikaka.
- Hotel Sonesta Posada del Inca.
- Fun ride in Totora boats (optional - not included).
- Sleeping bag for Taquile (optional)
- Camera and extra batteries.
- A bottle of water.
- Comfortable shoes for the walk.
- Backpack with the essentials.
- Snack, cookies, candies, etc.
- Lenses, Cap and sunscreen.
- Light and warm clothes.
- This tour is recommended for people from 12 to 60 years old.
- Autumn and winter: cold and wind (wears light coat). Spring and Summer: rain (rain jacket and umbrella).